Wednesday, November 19, 2014

NF Digital Art Meme, DAM 124 Make it Simlpe edition

 
NF Digital Art Meme, DAM 124

NF Digital Art Meme, a meme for digital artwork. photo art and creative work.
NF Abstract is now included in NF Digital Art Meme.

The meme will allow any kind of digital art. You can post anything from photo art, straight from the camera, to complicated texture work. You can take a shot of your pottery and make it digital. As long as you are the artist. I hope to see some of the black and white artists I often see on Weekend in Black and White. You create good arts in your camera.

A piece of art is best enjoyed when it stands alone.
It is not nessessary to give all details of your work unless you want it. An artist must have some secrets and, well, how we did it is most of the times impossible to describe anyway.  And we work with different software. I will mostly give details in a separate post.

Please visit my entry and as many other participants you can. I´d like this to be a living meme not just another linky list. So far it is a small meme, surely you have the time to comment on others. Thank you for participating. As you know I´m a busy woman but I always return a comment. :)
click to enlarge
I was taking a bath when I realised this reflection looks like a sailingboat.

 I took a couple of shots, just a simple one. The wallpaper is already a texture.

© NF Photo 111002, Falsterbo
Then I choose a part of a harbour sunset, as texture, to become the sea on which the boat is sailing.

© NF PhotoArt 140804


Linking to:   Paint Party Friday     AEDM day 19 at CED¨   sARTurday
I did choose an old post to linkup today. Hope you don´t mind. 

OK, maybe that was not that simple in the end. What I would like to know, do you have editing software with or without the possibility of layers? Without layers you are more limited. But can still do a lot.

The Optional theme for next weeks DAM is:
Create your own Texture and use it on the simple image.

Below you find two of my own favourite textures. The top one is bokeh of autumn leaves and the one below is snow and mud from shovling off snow. And from above you can see wallpaper might do great as texture as well.

But, you may still do whatever art you wish. The above is optional.
Bildverkstan on NatureFootstep Photo
IMPORTANT!
If your blog ONLY allow GOOGLE+ responses I can´t comment on your entry.



You shall ad the link to your post in the linkylist. Not the URL to your blog or GOOGLE+, It´s a courtesy to you visitors, they find your post immediately. You shall have a backlink, and please, don´t advertise your own meme without having an image to share that corresponds to my meme.

Regler finns i sidlisten. - For rules see the sidebar.
- --
Labels:  , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

22 comments:

  1. You are so clever. I'll have to check into this making my own texture thing. It is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your sailboat. It's beautiful!
    I use Photoshop Elements, so I can use layers. And I agree with you - you can do a lot with layers! I've used pictures of snow, as texture, too. Also rusty metal, concrete walls, rocks - so many interesting textures out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful! See where our imaginations can take us?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's that wonderful artistic eye ... you see so much in so little. This is just fabulous, Monica, from spotting it on the wall to creating a fantastical scene ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  5. In answer to your question: I have the latest version of Photoshop (CC) and it has layers. But my very first PS version (1989, I think) did not. I quickly found that anytime I made a change, if I later decided I didn't like it, I had to start over. So I used to make a change and then save my image with a number after the title. My first save was Title1, then Title2, etc. After working with that for several years, I was so happy to have a newer version with layers. Now, I keep the first layer unchanged and make a new layer for almost every change and I save one copy in Photoshop (.psd at the end) so I can go back to make changes if I want. The other advantage is that, especially when I am creating abstract images, I can grab one layer from a previous image and use it on another.

    As to textures. I sometimes blur a layer from one of my images to use as a texture on another. And, lately, I've been carrying a small plastic bag with me to put over my lens to create a blurry image of something for a texture. I can always change the colors, make it darker or lighter, add noise or one of PS's built in textures (canvas, sandstone, etc.) I also combine lots of textures.

    Several times a year, the GraphicStock.com website overs free images. You can download 20 a day for 7 days. The trick is that you have to unsubscribe from your trial membership before your 7 days are up or they will charge you. Actually, I think you can get a trial membership at almost any time that is good for a week. It is a subscription service, so if you choose to pay for images you pay a fee for a certain period of time and you can download as much as you want. It says: "Everything you download is yours to keep and use forever, royalty free. Even if you cancel your subscription!"

    I don't know what the normal charges are, but I'm sure it's worth it if you do a lot of art and if you need lots of images for commercial use. I create art for fun, rarely even try to sell anything, so I don't think it would be worth it for me to pay.

    I usually download textures, but there are other images, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CJ for the info. Somebody might use it even if I don´t. I prefere working with my own textures. I have tried others as they are gorgeous but I don´t get the feeling it is my work.

      Delete
  6. A very wonderful editing, I'm really excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for introducing me this MM.

    I like your technique and the result.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found your ship so cool. Love how you saw that and transormed it into something very magical

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photo work is very impressive - I love what you did! This is very inspiring.
    Thank you for telling me about NF DAM - I linked up and I will visit as many participants as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is incredibly clever. I am so impressed with your layers and how you created them.

    BTW, I have PhotoShop, but don't know it well enough to use it properly. Had to buy it when a client insisted on me using it for a project that ultimately fell through. At least I got to write it off as a business expense.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh thank god you have name/url option to leave a comment...I will not comment anymore on Blogspot blogs which don't have that option.
    So I'll be with you next Wed - what time do you open linty tool?
    I love how your imagination worked to get a piece of art from a reflection on your wall, wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are here. :) I open at 10.00 in the morning Stockholm time. Which reminds me I should have a clock in here. :)

      If you visits any other blogs of mine You shall look for a link "Comment form for visitors outside GOOGLE" it goes to another of my blogs spammers have not yet found. It is also open and I will recieve a mail that tells me you have made a comment. :)

      Delete
  12. Very cleaver. Your talent brings the true artist out in you. Have a very nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Impressive I love how it turned out...that is really looking at things from a totally new perspective!! Very creative!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, very clever! Isn't it funny how something like a light reflection to spark your imagination. Nicely done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this. So pretty and a little haunted. Nice work. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh so brilliant!!! Art is finding the ordinary and turning it into something extraordinary. I LOVE how you did this. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you like what you see.